Tree rig for videogames is a lowpoly rig that allows you to generate multiple variations of trees within seconds!
Attributes like spread, offset, orientation, etc, give a lot of control over the branches and leaves.
Send to Unity and test in your game!
How to export to Unity:
This tree rig does not have joints, so you will need to do this steps to get it into Unity:
- Select all visible geometry on the tree.
- Press Ctrl+D, then Ctrl+G, and Shift+P, this will create a duplicate group in Worldspace containing only the geometry that you want to export.
- Freeze Transformations on these objects.
- With the new group selected, got to File-> Export Selection, choose either .ma or .fbx and then export it.
- Import your file into Unity, be sure that the textures are in the correct Maya project’s path.
- The material should come with the correct texture assigned. At this point, you can assign your custom double sided material if you wish.